Introductory Personal Development Program (PDP)
This introductory PDP is especially designed for those new to public speaking. It is also a great refresher for those speakers who have had some exposure and wish to polish their skills. Progression through this public speaking course is done by completing each of the speaking exercises and obtaining expert feedback from Rostrum WA’s accredited public speaking coaches.
However, rapid progression (6 months) through Tier 1 can be arranged as part of a fast track public speaking training course.
The Introductory PDP consists of 12 sequential learning exercises which members can choose to undertake after joining a club:
- About me (first speech)
- Answering a pertinent question (impromptu speech 2-3 minutes)
- Participating in a member (ie move a motion or amendment during a meeting)
- Asking a pertinent question (PQ)
- I feel strongly about speech (4 minute speech)
- Reading aloud
- Finding something to say (4 minute speech to persuade, entertain or inform an audience)
- Finding something to say (5 minute speech)
- Conducting a Rostrum meeting
Prepared speech (5 minutes)
- Giving a demonstration (5-7 minutes)
- Prepared speech (6 minutes)